Re: ASOUE Discussion (Spoilers)

#21 Unread post by Guest » March 31st, 2018, 12:18 pm

Booyah wrote:
March 31st, 2018, 12:16 pm
Cayde-6 wrote:
March 31st, 2018, 12:08 pm
Booyah wrote:
March 31st, 2018, 12:06 pm

Yes, just his voice on the phone at the end of #1.
Thanks.

I should finish the rest of the episodes tonight. Will let you know if he's in them. Unless someone else already knows if he's in 8-10
I've only seen 1 and 2. I'm kind of savoring them to prolong my enjoyment. :rofl:
I have only seen episode 1 so far and Nathan’s voice was heard on the phone.

Cayde-6
Site Admin
Reactions: 85

#22 Unread post by Cayde-6 » April 1st, 2018, 11:22 am

He's in every episode. Ep 1 is his voice, the rest all have his face at least

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#23 Unread post by Cayde-6 » April 1st, 2018, 12:04 pm

I wonder if he'll be involved in season 3 at all with any recordings or flashbacks

Firefly12
Registered Member
Reactions: 32

#24 Unread post by Firefly12 » April 2nd, 2018, 5:09 pm

#25 Unread post by Guest » April 4th, 2018, 1:51 am

I have seen 5 episodes till now and I feel ASOUE is even better this season than it was in season 1. Everything is pitch perfect. Nathan’s character dies in this episode. I wonder how he is going to be in the rest of the episodes and in what capacity?

BTW he and Sara Rue have great chemistry. I loved the kiss and the scene where they read the poetry together. Nathan has never looked better than he did in that poetry/reading scene.

Booyah
Registered Member
Reactions: 59

#26 Unread post by Booyah » April 4th, 2018, 2:07 am

Guest wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 1:51 am
I have seen 5 episodes till now and I feel ASOUE is even better this season than it was in season 1. Everything is pitch perfect. Nathan’s character dies in this episode. I wonder how he is going to be in the rest of the episodes and in what capacity?

BTW he and Sara Rue have great chemistry. I loved the kiss and the scene where they read the poetry together. Nathan has never looked better than he did in that poetry/reading scene.
I agree. And he and Sara have been fan favorite additions to this season. I saw one critic say Nathan was born to play Jacques Snicket. :clap:

Here's an interesting article about the S2 costume designer and designing for Jacques and Olivia.

https://www.inverse.com/article/43117-s ... s-costumes

#27 Unread post by Guest » April 4th, 2018, 7:46 am

Some information about Jacques Snicket in case people want to read.

http://snicket.wikia.com/wiki/Jacques_Snicket

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#28 Unread post by Cayde-6 » April 4th, 2018, 10:28 am

Thread on reddit someone started with reviews for ASOUE season 2. It hasn't been updated in 4 days but he says he will once he makes it through the series.
The way this link works is it should automatically update here as well when he updates his post

#29 Unread post by Guest » April 4th, 2018, 10:43 am

[media][/media]
Booyah wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 2:07 am
Guest wrote:
April 4th, 2018, 1:51 am

I agree. And he and Sara have been fan favorite additions to this season. I saw one critic say Nathan was born to play Jacques Snicket. :clap:

Here's an interesting article about the S2 costume designer and designing for Jacques and Olivia.

https://www.inverse.com/article/43117-s ... s-costumes
I am a sucker for tragic romances and this ship sunk even before it sailed. At least they kissed and the next scene he dies. So sad!

I think it’s after a long time that I am shipping fictional characters this hard after caskett.

I would really like some gifs of the final scene between them and the scene where they talk about each other, tea reading scene and the poetry reading scene. If someone can make it, please link it here. :P

#30 Unread post by Guest » April 4th, 2018, 2:02 pm

In episode 6, they just show the dead body of Jacques.

Can someone tell me what these two dots are on Jacques’s face/neck?

I am so loving this season. Very gripping!

#31 Unread post by Guest » April 5th, 2018, 1:38 pm

Finished watching episode 7. Nathan looked really good in that recording. That sweater that he was wearing reminded me of the time castle wore a similar sweater in season 1 of castle.

#32 Unread post by Guest » April 10th, 2018, 4:26 pm

Ok I finally finished watching it. I prolonged it as much as I could.

Nathan is right. It’s like a spooky painting that you can’t Look Away away from even though you’re repeatedly asked to.

The last episode was too emotional for me when Lemony said “I never got to meet Olivia Caliban but I do know that my brother really loved her”.

It just made me so sad when you can hear Nathan’s voice reciting the VFD poetry and Olivia recites after him and you can see his reflection in the projector.

There’s something so tragic and unfair when it comes to the murder of a noble, precious and heroic character like Jacques Snicket. He deserved better.

He is such a mysterious character. I would have loved to see a spin-off on him and learn more about his work with VFD and his family life with his siblings Lemony and Kit. Not to mention love life with Olivia.

I think this character is now one of my fav character that Nathan has played. And he looks extremely hot in a moustache.

I love the ASOUE universe and it’s a long wait for season 3. I think after GOT, I found my 2nd fav show.

Booyah
Registered Member

#33 Unread post by Booyah » April 12th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Guest wrote:
April 10th, 2018, 4:26 pm
Ok I finally finished watching it. I prolonged it as much as I could.

Nathan is right. It’s like a spooky painting that you can’t Look Away away from even though you’re repeatedly asked to.

The last episode was too emotional for me when Lemony said “I never got to meet Olivia Caliban but I do know that my brother really loved her”.

It just made me so sad when you can hear Nathan’s voice reciting the VFD poetry and Olivia recites after him and you can see his reflection in the projector.

There’s something so tragic and unfair when it comes to the murder of a noble, precious and heroic character like Jacques Snicket. He deserved better.

He is such a mysterious character. I would have loved to see a spin-off on him and learn more about his work with VFD and his family life with his siblings Lemony and Kit. Not to mention love life with Olivia.

I think this character is now one of my fav character that Nathan has played. And he looks extremely hot in a moustache.

I love the ASOUE universe and it’s a long wait for season 3. I think after GOT, I found my 2nd fav show.
I have to agree with you that this is now one of my favorite characters he's played, short as it was. I would love more, but doubt we'll get it in S3 except maybe flashbacks or videos again. I actually thought S2 was better than S1 and the expansion of a couple characters helped the series. I would also love to see Nathan do a western!! ASAP.

Sara Rue confirms that they weren't allowed to share anything on SM until S2 premiered.

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#34 Unread post by Cayde-6 » April 12th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Remember the cowboy boot post from Nathan? I gotta look back and see if that was from ASOUE

Edit: I also liked S2 more

Booyah
Registered Member

#35 Unread post by Booyah » April 12th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Cayde-6 wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 1:17 pm
Remember the cowboy boot post from Nathan? I gotta look back and see if that was from ASOUE

It was! June 2017 while he was in Vancouver.

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#36 Unread post by Cayde-6 » April 12th, 2018, 1:33 pm

Booyah wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 1:24 pm
Cayde-6 wrote:

I gotta look back closer when I have some time. His pants are different here than the bar scene

Booyah
Registered Member

#37 Unread post by Booyah » April 12th, 2018, 2:06 pm

Oh dear God, please let him do a western!! I find this ....hot! :sploosh: :shades:

The official Netflix ASOUE Twitter account seems to enjoy posting pictures of them.

Cayde, the pants in this picture look striped. You have to look closely, but they appear striped. Could it be the same pants just very much darker lighting in the ASOUE picture posted?

#38 Unread post by Guest » April 12th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Cayde-6 wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 1:33 pm
Booyah wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 1:24 pm
Cayde-6 wrote:

I gotta look back closer when I have some time. His pants are different here than the bar scene

True. His pants are different. I wonder if it was a scene that was deleted?

#39 Unread post by Guest » April 12th, 2018, 2:11 pm

They posted this too.

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#40 Unread post by Cayde-6 » April 12th, 2018, 4:43 pm

Booyah wrote:
April 12th, 2018, 2:06 pm
Oh dear God, please let him do a western!! I find this ....hot! :sploosh: :shades:

The official Netflix ASOUE Twitter account seems to enjoy posting pictures of them.

Cayde, the pants in this picture look striped. You have to look closely, but they appear striped. Could it be the same pants just very much darker lighting in the ASOUE picture posted?
Zooming in, yeah they are striped. Maybe it is just lighting? Outdoor unfiltered vs. Dark bar scene with post lighting effects added. Not sure!