Nathan Fillion Discussion Thread

#1 Unread post by Cayde-6 » July 5th, 2017, 9:19 am

1 Image

Cayde-6
Site Admin
Reactions: 85

Re: Nathan Fillion Discussion Thread

#2 Unread post by Cayde-6 » July 5th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Just a couple of administrative things...

Use the Report icon (top right of each post, it's the exclamation point button) to report. I'm around most of the time and should get to it quickly.

Pro-tips:
You can use the [media] tag for Youtube videos, Tweets, Instagram, Tumblr, and a ton of other sites. Like so:

Also if anyone does want to register, your main benefits would be:
Registered users can create new topics and polls, use Quick Reply, private messaging, and all the other features most major boards use. And if this board takes off, you're registered and I see you're level-headed, trustworthy, and not a troll, I'll consider adding more moderators.

Anyone, guest or not, can start topics/reply in Forum Questions/Concerns/Suggestions to help me make this a better place for everyone

#3 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Thanks.

And lets try. lol

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#4 Unread post by Cayde-6 » July 5th, 2017, 1:51 pm

That time Nathan was playing VR Star Trek Bridge Commander and popped into a live Twitch stream on accident LOL

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryPlausi ... goPoooound
1 Image

LayinDownTheHammer
Registered Member
Reactions: 0

#5 Unread post by LayinDownTheHammer » July 5th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Thanks for digging that up :lol:
Serenity wrote:
July 5th, 2017, 1:51 pm
That time Nathan was playing VR Star Trek Bridge Commander and popped into a live Twitch stream on accident LOL

#6 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 2:03 pm

Serenity wrote:

Ha! I wonder if he had to change his gamertag. Kind of obvious to begin with though once you put the voice to the tag :lol:

#7 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Thank you Serenity for being willing to give this a try, and for setting it up and moderating. The spammer and a lot of the trolling was getting old. :D

#8 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Serenity wrote:

Is there a "like" button?

Also wondering about the time required between posts. Having dealt with a lot of boards, do you find that necessary? If someone is replying to several different posts, they have to wait a bit in between their replies. Just wondering the purpose of the wait, to stop spamming?

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#9 Unread post by Cayde-6 » July 5th, 2017, 3:35 pm

I'll add a like button, great idea

The purpose is to stop spamming, yes. But I'll lower it if it's already causing grief

Edit: I'll get the reaction button working on Guest posts. Doesn't work straight out of the box. But I'll fix it soon.
1 Image

#10 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 4:11 pm

IndieWire.com has listed ASOUE as one of their "Best New TV Shows of 2017 (So Far)" :clap: :)

10. “A Series of Unfortunate Events”

Perhaps we’re just eager to contradict, but Lemony Snicket’s stern warning to avoid his new Netflix series only made partaking it all the more exciting. Three orphaned children with a fortune to their name fall prey to a villainous mastermind, first posing as their new guardian and later donning a variety of disguises to get at their inheritance — by any means necessary. The TV version, shepherded by Snicket mega-fan Barry Sonnenfeld and the original author, Daniel Handler, infuses a lot more fun into fuller interpretations of the novel. An inventive visual landscape makes for Neil Patrick Harris’ ideal creative space, and the Emmy- and Tony-winning actor has never been better. OK, maybe as Hedwig, but he’s so good in this, you’ll forget all about that other Count Olaf. Ignore Snicket. Watch this “Series of Unfortunate Events".

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/07/best-n ... 201849600/

#11 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 4:27 pm

I loved ASOUE. It took me two nights to get through the first episode because it wasn't doing it for me, but it got better and I'm glad I stuck with it. Now months later I still get the theme song stuck in my head whenever someone mentions the show. So excited Nathan is in season 2. Definitely worth a watch, either way though

#12 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Guest wrote:
July 5th, 2017, 4:27 pm
I loved ASOUE. It took me two nights to get through the first episode because it wasn't doing it for me, but it got better and I'm glad I stuck with it. Now months later I still get the theme song stuck in my head whenever someone mentions the show. So excited Nathan is in season 2. Definitely worth a watch, either way though
That's nice. :P

#13 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Denver Comic-Con: Nathan Fillion Gets the Bird

The Firefly cast have remained close over the years since the show’s untimely cancellation. How close? You’ve seen the videos and the reunions, so it doesn’t take that much explaining, but know that the inside jokes live on too. Three years ago Jewel Staite visited Denver Comic Con. She told us that if Nathan Fillion ever made his way out, that we as a convention were to give him a gift. Jewel promptly flipped off the crowd and continued on with her panel.

Denver doesn’t have a whole lot of air, but we don’t forget out here. So, if you’re ever wondering whether or not Captain Tight Pants himself is a good sport, know that he handles a hall with thousands of people flipping him the bird “from Jewel” like a champ. There’s really not much behind the story. The two of them would just find creative ways to flip each other off while on set and the game has lived on even though they no longer work together. Your move, Fillion.

When he wasn’t getting flipped off, he was delving into details of his career for the fans. When asked if he’d ever do Shakespeare again, he confessed that the wordsmith terrified him (“It’s like Yoda with a thesaurus!”) and that he’d much rather leave it to pros like Clark Gregg. The subject of shaving his perfect hair came up as well, which led him to confess the fact that the back of his head is unreasonably flat, and that no one wants to see that. Embarrassing head shape aside, hell yeah he would. Hair grows back, and roles are roles.

Despite his willingness to do what it takes for the right role, Nathan’s not looking for any commitments right now. Castle was a lot of work, and he’s been enjoying playing the field with odd jobs as of late. So far as body transformation goes, he’s not opposed to it, but Serenity remains the best shape he’s been in, in his life.

He’s also got some advice for people looking to become actors, but really it’s just some exceptional advice in general.
- Learn from other people’s mistakes.
- Leave the room with your dignity.
- Be kind to everyone you meet on your way to the top. They’re the same people you’re going to meet on your way down.

Since the actor spent Canada Day with us here in America, he had to tell a story about fellow Canadian and funny-man, Ryan Reynolds. They were filming a movie in which Ryan was banging on some glass (in character, of course), and things went a little sideways. He got a touch over-zealous, resulting in the glass shattering everywhere. And it wasn’t trick glass. Ryan, while bleeding like crazy from a gash in his hand, just looks around him and says “I’m good.”

If you want to hear more of what he had to say to his Colorado fans, you can check out the full video below. In it he discusses the weirdest gift he’s ever been given by a fan (which actually ended up being kind of sweet), whether or not he can carry a tune in a bucket, and who he fanboys over!
Article link: http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/05/ ... s-the-bird

NathanFillionGifs
Registered Member
Reactions: 18

#14 Unread post by NathanFillionGifs » July 5th, 2017, 6:37 pm

#17 Unread post by Guest » July 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm

Is it OK if we bring her along to our new home? This is still my favorite fan photo that has come out of Denver so far.

Cayde-6
Site Admin

#18 Unread post by Cayde-6 » July 5th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Guest wrote:
July 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Is it OK if we bring her along to our new home? This is still my favorite fan photo that has come out of Denver so far.

She's a fan! Why not!

LayinDownTheHammer
Registered Member
Reactions: 0

#20 Unread post by LayinDownTheHammer » July 5th, 2017, 8:00 pm

Serenity wrote:
July 5th, 2017, 7:11 pm
Guest wrote:
July 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm

She's a fan! Why not!
How did I miss this? That's brillant :lol: