The Rookie Ratings & Renewal Discussion

Tuesdays at 10/9c on ABC this Fall
castle-firefly
Registered Member
Reactions: 5

Re: The Rookie Ratings & Renewal Discussion

#461 Unread post by castle-firefly » February 5th, 2019, 1:37 pm

AMLT and Good Doctor renewed.

I still think The Rookie will be renewed by May and they will give it a NYYD Blue or NY undercover as it’s lead-in boost in season 2. That should help it for more seasons.

TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member
Reactions: 35

#462 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » February 5th, 2019, 1:37 pm

castle-firefly wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 11:19 pm
I wonder if The Rookie will be renewed on February 5 (TCA for ABC) or they will wait until May? Anyways, I am mostly sure they will renew the show.
ABC just announced that The Good Doctor, AMLT, and American Housewife are renewed.

https://www.thetvaddict.com/2019/02/05/ ... -and-more/

I think that move to Thursday surely pushed AMLT to early renewal status. Sorry peeps, but The Rookie appears to be a bubble show that we'll be waiting out til the spring, I think.

castle-firefly
Registered Member

#463 Unread post by castle-firefly » February 5th, 2019, 1:48 pm

Huh why?

I really really need TR to be renewed for season 2 for Nathan’s sake. :serious:

castle-firefly
Registered Member

#464 Unread post by castle-firefly » February 5th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Afton said in her IG story that she is getting ready for TCA. So M guessing the entire cast will be there? Would they really invite a show they were going to cancel? I am positive the show will be renewed by May. #FingersCrossed.

TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member

#465 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » February 5th, 2019, 2:01 pm

castle-firefly wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 1:54 pm
Afton said in her IG story that she is getting ready for TCA. So M guessing the entire cast will be there? Would they really invite a show they were going to cancel? I am positive the show will be renewed by May. #FingersCrossed.
No, but that assumes that they've already decided to cancel it. I don't think they have. I think it's on the bubble, but if they don't invite them at all the media assumption will be that the show is dead.

Firefly12
Registered Member
Reactions: 32

#466 Unread post by Firefly12 » February 5th, 2019, 2:02 pm

TightPantsLooseMorals wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:01 pm
castle-firefly wrote:
No, but that assumes that they've already decided to cancel it. I don't think they have. I think it's on the bubble, but if they don't invite them at all the media assumption will be that the show is dead.

RookieCard
Registered Member
Reactions: 4

#467 Unread post by RookieCard » February 5th, 2019, 2:19 pm

Firefly12 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:02 pm
castle-firefly wrote:
Someone sent that tweet to the TV Grim Reaper - did you see his response?

castle-firefly
Registered Member

#468 Unread post by castle-firefly » February 5th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Firefly12 wrote:
castle-firefly wrote:
They literally threw Station 19 under the bus to save AMLT. Dungey would have never had the guts to do that to a Shonda show. :rofl: Karey Burke is bold. :clap:

My predications for the shows that will get cancelled are Station19, For The People and Fix.

I think WC will get a season 2. I think HTGAFM will get a final season. I think The Rookie will be renewed and will get either NYPD Blue or NY undercover as lead-in.

Firefly12
Registered Member

#469 Unread post by Firefly12 » February 5th, 2019, 2:23 pm

RookieCard wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:19 pm
Firefly12 wrote:

yes, I saw. I do not know what to think about it. We just have to wait.

Firefly12
Registered Member

#470 Unread post by Firefly12 » February 5th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Firefly12 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:23 pm
RookieCard wrote:
Firefly12 wrote:

castle-firefly
Registered Member

#471 Unread post by castle-firefly » February 5th, 2019, 2:30 pm

Firefly12 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:26 pm
Firefly12 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:23 pm
RookieCard wrote:

THANK GOD! :clap: :rookie:

TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member

#472 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » February 5th, 2019, 2:39 pm

castle-firefly wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:21 pm
Firefly12 wrote:

They literally threw Station 19 under the bus to save AMLT. Dungey would have never had the guts to do that to a Shonda show. :rofl: Karey Burke is bold. :clap:

My predications for the shows that will get cancelled are Station19, For The People and Fix.

I think WC will get a season 2. I think HTGAFM will get a final season. I think The Rookie will be renewed and will get either NYPD Blue or NY undercover as lead-in.
There's a fine line between bold and stupid. She's only in that position at ABC as long as its profitable for her to be there, and I'm not sure tanking one of the better-performing shows on ABC's roster is a route to relative longevity.
Last edited by TightPantsLooseMorals on February 5th, 2019, 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

castle-firefly
Registered Member

#473 Unread post by castle-firefly » February 5th, 2019, 2:40 pm

11:20 AM: “I’m pleased with what THE ROOKIE is doing,” Burke says, citing its improved ratings for that time period. Nathan Fillion is a star “who should be on ABC.”

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/20 ... live-blog/

RookieCard
Registered Member
Reactions: 4

#474 Unread post by RookieCard » February 5th, 2019, 2:54 pm

castle-firefly wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:40 pm
11:20 AM: “I’m pleased with what THE ROOKIE is doing,” Burke says, citing its improved ratings for that time period. Nathan Fillion is a star “who should be on ABC.”

That sounds positive. But why not just renew it already?

Cayde-6
Site Admin
Reactions: 85

#475 Unread post by Cayde-6 » February 5th, 2019, 2:59 pm

RookieCard wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 2:54 pm
castle-firefly wrote:

My guess is waiting to see it recovers from being off for two weeks, and that it hasn't aired as many episodes as the others

castle-firefly
Registered Member

#476 Unread post by castle-firefly » February 5th, 2019, 3:03 pm

RookieCard wrote:
castle-firefly wrote:

If the show gets renewed I think it will be because of Nathan. ABC wants to work with him. He is their poster boy just like Ryan Eggold is the poster boy for NBC and Michael Weatherley is for CBS.

If they cancel TR, I think they will keep NF busy with guest star roles and then a few years later they will probably give him another show.

TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member

#477 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » February 5th, 2019, 3:16 pm

RookieCard wrote:
castle-firefly wrote:

Because these people talk out of both sides of their mouth and avoid saying anything negative about shows at these events. Check out coverage of past TCA events if you've got time. Lots of wonderful words about shows that had the plug pulled a few months later. IMO, they haven't just renewed it because they haven't made a decision on it yet.

TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member

#478 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » February 5th, 2019, 3:18 pm

castle-firefly wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 3:03 pm
RookieCard wrote:
castle-firefly wrote:

If the show gets renewed I think it will be because of Nathan. ABC wants to work with him. He is their poster boy just like Ryan Eggold is the poster boy for NBC and Michael Weatherley is for CBS.

If they cancel TR, I think they will keep NF busy with guest star roles and then a few years later they will probably give him another show.
I agree with this. It's bittersweet though. It speaks a lot to his job longevity, but that also means that it could be on just another lackluster ABC show in another year.

Cayde-6
Site Admin
Reactions: 85

#479 Unread post by Cayde-6 » February 5th, 2019, 3:24 pm

February 5th, 2019, 3:18 pm
castle-firefly wrote:
RookieCard wrote:

I agree with this. It's bittersweet though. It speaks a lot to his job longevity, but that also means that it could be on just another lackluster ABC show in another year.
A bit off-topic, but I think he's known enough to the Netflix audience now that he could very well get some decent show there. Then fall back to ABC, more popular than ever, if he had to. Big Mouth is Netflix's 19th most watched show = name recognition. Not to mention ASOUE and SCD. The Netflix crowd would accept him there gladly in my opinion.
1 Image

TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member

#480 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » February 5th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Cayde-6 wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 3:24 pm
February 5th, 2019, 3:18 pm
castle-firefly wrote:

A bit off-topic, but I think he's known enough to the Netflix audience now that he could very well get some decent show there. Then fall back to ABC, more popular than ever, if he had to. Big Mouth is Netflix's 19th most watched show = name recognition. Not to mention ASOUE and SCD. The Netflix crowd would accept him there gladly in my opinion.
I agree :100: