Take Two

Discussion of everything else in the 'verse
Message
Author
User avatar
TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member
Reactions: 35
Posts: 311
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 11:10 am

Re: Take Two

#81 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » August 17th, 2018, 5:19 pm

Booyah wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 4:36 pm
Take Two last night was back to 0.4, 2.52 million viewers. Last week = football quirk. :shrug:
Odd that one week it does better with football in the mix, but the next it doesn't :shrug: I'm curious as to how all that stuff works out for shows in the end. It is my understanding that Nielsen just monitors what's on the ole tube box of the nielsen families no matter what shows are on, figures numbers as normal (meaning that those watching football counted), and then subtracts out the numbers attributed to football for adjustment numbers.

I wonder if that shows up significantly for shows in the +3/+7 numbers, meaning people who missed out on a show they normally watch when it first airs on tv watching it through an alternative means a few days later. Or is it just lost numbers for the week? Are some groups more likely to find a way (that's measurable) to watch their regular shows while others are more casual and are like "meh, I'll just catch the next one?" :thinking:
0

Guest

Re: Take Two

#82 Unread post by Guest » August 20th, 2018, 5:18 pm

TightPantsLooseMorals wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 5:19 pm
Booyah wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 4:36 pm
Take Two last night was back to 0.4, 2.52 million viewers. Last week = football quirk. :shrug:
Odd that one week it does better with football in the mix, but the next it doesn't :shrug: I'm curious as to how all that stuff works out for shows in the end. It is my understanding that Nielsen just monitors what's on the ole tube box of the nielsen families no matter what shows are on, figures numbers as normal (meaning that those watching football counted), and then subtracts out the numbers attributed to football for adjustment numbers.

I wonder if that shows up significantly for shows in the +3/+7 numbers, meaning people who missed out on a show they normally watch when it first airs on tv watching it through an alternative means a few days later. Or is it just lost numbers for the week? Are some groups more likely to find a way (that's measurable) to watch their regular shows while others are more casual and are like "meh, I'll just catch the next one?" :thinking:
Nielsen asks for active user input about the shows being watched. Otherwise, there's no way to know if the TV is just ON or if someone is actually watching. The fast national ratings (first ones in the morning) are based on monitoring equipment alone (thus the football spike ;-)), then the user input is figured out for the later day adjustments.

C3 ratings are the ones the advertisers care about. C3 is a measure of the (C)commercials watched live or over the next 3 days -- not the shows -- just the commercials that air while the shows air. The reason internet ratings junkies track the live+same day ratings is that they typically track closely with C3. Thus if L+SD is good, C3 will likely also be good. TV watching, where fast forward is allowed is pretty much irrelevant to a show's success as far as the advertisers, and thus, the network, are concerned. They all know about the new ways of viewing television, but if they can't make a buck off it, they don't care.

You didn't ask, but to be complete ;-), Twitter buzz and all that is just noise. Advertisers don't care, as much as TV land executives wish they did. And unless you're a Nielsen family, your TV viewing habits don't matter at all, not in the least.

User avatar
TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member
Reactions: 35
Posts: 311
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 11:10 am

Re: Take Two

#83 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » August 20th, 2018, 6:15 pm

Guest wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 5:18 pm
TightPantsLooseMorals wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 5:19 pm
Booyah wrote:
August 17th, 2018, 4:36 pm
Take Two last night was back to 0.4, 2.52 million viewers. Last week = football quirk. :shrug:
Odd that one week it does better with football in the mix, but the next it doesn't :shrug: I'm curious as to how all that stuff works out for shows in the end. It is my understanding that Nielsen just monitors what's on the ole tube box of the nielsen families no matter what shows are on, figures numbers as normal (meaning that those watching football counted), and then subtracts out the numbers attributed to football for adjustment numbers.

I wonder if that shows up significantly for shows in the +3/+7 numbers, meaning people who missed out on a show they normally watch when it first airs on tv watching it through an alternative means a few days later. Or is it just lost numbers for the week? Are some groups more likely to find a way (that's measurable) to watch their regular shows while others are more casual and are like "meh, I'll just catch the next one?" :thinking:
Nielsen asks for active user input about the shows being watched. Otherwise, there's no way to know if the TV is just ON or if someone is actually watching. The fast national ratings (first ones in the morning) are based on monitoring equipment alone (thus the football spike ;-)), then the user input is figured out for the later day adjustments.

C3 ratings are the ones the advertisers care about. C3 is a measure of the (C)commercials watched live or over the next 3 days -- not the shows -- just the commercials that air while the shows air. The reason internet ratings junkies track the live+same day ratings is that they typically track closely with C3. Thus if L+SD is good, C3 will likely also be good. TV watching, where fast forward is allowed is pretty much irrelevant to a show's success as far as the advertisers, and thus, the network, are concerned. They all know about the new ways of viewing television, but if they can't make a buck off it, they don't care.

You didn't ask, but to be complete ;-), Twitter buzz and all that is just noise. Advertisers don't care, as much as TV land executives wish they did. And unless you're a Nielsen family, your TV viewing habits don't matter at all, not in the least.
This is very interesting. Thank you for the information.

So after live TV, are the C3s only really about on demand or network app streaming where it says "ff may not (but is it ever really?) available during this programming" and you go get a drink, do laundry, play on your phone, etc. because you can't fast forward through the commercials?
0

Booyah
Registered Member
Reactions: 59
Posts: 948
Joined: February 12th, 2018, 1:04 am

Re: Take Two

#84 Unread post by Booyah » August 23rd, 2018, 3:49 pm



No idea what this pick up means for Take Two, if anything.

“ABC has yet to close the books on its summer 2018 slate but is already preparing for summer 2019.”

“The network has given a straight-to-series, 13-episode order for a crime drama called Reef Break, starring and executive produced by Poppy Montgomery (Unforgettable, Without a Trace). The show is based on her idea; Ken Sanzel (Numb3rs) will write the series and serve as showrunner.”

“ABC has already renewed game shows Celebrity Family Feud, The $100,000 Pyramid and To Tell the Truth for summer 2019. It has yet to make a decision on Take Two, the lone scripted original airing on the network this summer.”
0

Guest

Re: Take Two

#85 Unread post by Guest » August 23rd, 2018, 4:03 pm

Am I the only one that’s not a Poppy fan? There’s something about her that just drives me nuts.

User avatar
Cayde-6
Site Admin
Reactions: 85
Posts: 1632
Joined: July 4th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Re: Take Two

#86 Unread post by Cayde-6 » November 23rd, 2018, 8:41 am

0

User avatar
TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member
Reactions: 35
Posts: 311
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 11:10 am

Re: Take Two

#87 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » November 25th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Cayde-6 wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 8:41 am
Take Two has been canceled
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ng-1163524
Not surprising, but still makes me sad.
0

Castle_firefly
Registered Member
Reactions: 11
Posts: 403
Joined: November 4th, 2017, 1:02 pm

Re: Take Two

#88 Unread post by Castle_firefly » November 27th, 2018, 1:15 am

TightPantsLooseMorals wrote:
November 25th, 2018, 12:37 pm
Cayde-6 wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 8:41 am
Take Two has been canceled
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ng-1163524
Not surprising, but still makes me sad.
It’s going to get picked by some streaming outlet as per latest news. Never watched this show. Was it good?
0

User avatar
TightPantsLooseMorals
Registered Member
Reactions: 35
Posts: 311
Joined: August 15th, 2018, 11:10 am

Re: Take Two

#89 Unread post by TightPantsLooseMorals » November 27th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Castle_firefly wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:15 am
TightPantsLooseMorals wrote:
November 25th, 2018, 12:37 pm
Cayde-6 wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 8:41 am
Take Two has been canceled
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ng-1163524
Not surprising, but still makes me sad.
It’s going to get picked by some streaming outlet as per latest news. Never watched this show. Was it good?
It was good for a summer show to the fill the void of a boy-meets-girl dramedy that doesn't take itself too seriously. The dynamic between the leads felt different than Castle, even though it borrowed big time from it. The show was enjoyable enough, but nothing that would break the mold or be critically praised.
0

100
Registered Member
Reactions: 22
Posts: 182
Joined: July 27th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Re: Take Two

#90 Unread post by 100 » November 27th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Castle_firefly wrote:
November 27th, 2018, 1:15 am
TightPantsLooseMorals wrote:
November 25th, 2018, 12:37 pm
Cayde-6 wrote:
November 23rd, 2018, 8:41 am
Take Two has been canceled
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ng-1163524
Not surprising, but still makes me sad.
It’s going to get picked by some streaming outlet as per latest news. Never watched this show. Was it good?
Do you have a link about that? The last I heard was that they were shopping it but didn't have a deal yet.
0

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest